Little kids ask random questions. It's part of their charm. If you give them your time and listen very carefully, sometimes you learn something about them or about yourself.
Tonight after her bedtime story Red ask me, "what if you had the wrong daughter?"
"what do you mean? Like what if I had brought the wrong baby home from the hospital?"
"no. Like if you had the wrong daughter."
Hmm... I thought. What does she need me to tell her?
"Sweetheart, if you lined up 100 little girls I would know exactly which one was you. I know every inch of you, down to the last freckle. And I wouldn't want any other little girl. Just you. Does that answer your question?"
"yes mommy. Thank you" she said with a big smile.
"we will always be Mommy-Daughter best friends"
Don't grow up too fast, little girl :)
No comments:
Post a Comment