Monday, March 17, 2008

It's my Birthday week!!!

So today we set out to celebrate my birthday (which is actually Wednesday, but i have to work) - which meant that i got to pick everything we did today!!! So first we went to NE Mall and I wanted to have Carrabba's for lunch. My mouth was watering for Italian food - I could just taste the ravioli! Yeah... sad to find out that Carrabba's by N.E. Mall is not open for lunch during the week... I seriously almost cried. So by then I just couldn't get the taste of Carrabba's out of my head so I sadly agreed to Genghis Grill (which is right next to Carrabba's). It was AWFUL - and I'm not just saying that bc I really wanted something else - it was just awful. It's a Mongolian stir-fry place where you go through a buffet type set up and put all your raw ingredients into a bowl and they cook it for you - which annoys me bc I'd rather just order something and not have to think about how much salt/ garlic/ spice etc to put in it... anyway my food was over-seasoned, and it was my fault bc I'm the one who made it... Brian's was too spicy for me to steal, and poor Little Red was just lucky that I had stashed a thingy of baby food in the diaper bag a month ago otherwise we'd be looking for Cheerios in the stroller!!! Then we got the overpriced bill... it was $8 a person and that was the lunch special!! So I made myself feel a little better by declaring that we would head to the food court and get Chick-fil-a ice cream (the best fast food ice cream in the whole entire world!) The child behind the counter even accidentally put it in the large size cup instead of the small like we ordered!!! I take one bite and it is SOUR (gag - it seriously tasted like frozen mayo)! Once again I wanted to cry and throw up at the same time. I took the ice cream back and got a refund and decided we would get cookies at the Great American Cookie Co. instead - 3rd times a charm, right? Wrong. Since when does it cost $1.99 for ONE M&M cookie? So now I've got the message that food does not make happiness - shopping does! So I went and picked out my birthday presents and got great deals. Finally the birthday queen was happy!!!

But I'm still very sad about my Chick-fil-a ice dream... but how can I trust it again???

Little Red has so much energy! (I made all these images small so they'd fit) I wanted her to sit still and smile for me...

Instead, she wanted to take everything out of my cabinets (which are now child-locked)...

Then I had to chase her around her highchair and the kitchen table (which was really cute!)Then she zoomed on over to the fridge to play with her walker...
Then she finally sat still so I could take her picture!

Whew! What a start to my birthday week! Tomorrow should be a lot less eventful! I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

David and Bethany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet friend....we are looking forward to spending time with you next Friday! :)
P.S. Sorry about your ice cream at Chick-Fil-A!!!!